We are always busy trying to help however we can in the Rockford community. Some of our biggest fund raisers and events include:
- Reading Rocks in Rockford - held yearly in August and promotes literacy in our community
- Chicken BBQ - held each September at the same time as the Fall Festival and funds our World Community Service project.
- Fruit & Nut Sale - held each October/November to raise funds for smaller local projects.
- Duck Race - held each year at the start of summer celebration and used to fund summer reading scholarships.
- Charitable Raffle - new in 2012, we are raffling off a brand new car or truck or $15,000 cash! There will be 2500 tickets at $30/each or 4 tickets for $100. In addition to the grand prize, we will have monthly drawings for $200 cash for anyone who has purchased a ticket. Your ticket remains eligible each month even if you already won the previous month. Call a Rotarian today for more information!
- STRIVE - we run a program that pairs up high school students in need of a positive role model and mentors. The program also awards scholarship to students.
- World Community Service - Members of the club take yearly trips to the Dominican Republic to install water filters and volunteer to help those in need.
- Health Screening - each spring we hold a free health screening for the Rockford community. Physicians volunteer their time to provide free exams for people who do not have insurance. Club members organize and staff the clinic.
Read more about each of our projects on the pages listed under our Projects & Fund Raisers menu item. Stop by the Photo Gallery page to view pictures from the events.